Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Goddess

     Cows have become for me, beings of divine nature.  They have been my constant companions for over 10 years.  Every day we spend time together.  In the sunshine, the rainstorm, the blowing snow and cold, the cows and I spend some quality time.

    They feed me, they feed my child, they make the soil that grows my garden.  Cows have healthy, independent births every single year, bringing a sweet baby cow to the farm, our home.  We share this place on earth, the cows and I.  I walk through their pasture on my way to the woods and gaze adoringly at their beautiful, bountiful bodies shining in the sun.  

    The cows taught me how to communicate with them.  Watching how they move with each other and how they respond to me, brought me more deeply into their world.  Cows don't respond to voice and I love to be moving among them, silent, using my body and my clear intention to communicate.  It is so pleasant to be silent and in satisfying communication with such a large, sturdy being.  I feel safe and honest, we trust each other.  

    I came here not knowing that I am a Goddess.  I had forgotten.  My natural Goddess nature had been covered and squished.  Cows helped me remember.  I am a Goddess.  A female being capable and willing to grow a baby inside my body and bring it forth into this glorious world to drink perfect milk from my breasts.  The bulls are fine and necessary but the cows are Goddesses just like me.  

    Every morning for almost ten years the fearful, insecure male that lives here verbally assaults the cows.  Name calling is his typical choice, calling a cow "dummy",  or "fruitcake", and many other disrespectful, condescending names in his dismissive, arrogant tones.  The rage of every female being that has endured unimaginable torture at the hands of pathetic males burst forth from my chest and throat.  The cows stood silently as this "man" offered trash talk and my inner Goddess awakened and lashed out from her covering.  How dare you say anything but "thank you" to these powerful, gorgeous creatures? 

    Just two days ago in the milk house with a beautiful cow he fearfully, meanly called her a fruitcake.  After 40 years of working with cows, he has chosen not to respect the normal, expected behavior of a cow who has given birth just 24 hours ago to a healthy calf.  After my ten years with the cows it is pure bliss for me to watch a fresh mama sort of act all jumpy and agitated, to listen to her moos, and bask in the magnificent Goddess energy of an 800 pound animal in perfect Love with her new baby.  

    My Goddess has been uncovered and she is fully awake, thanks to the cows and the verbally abusive male that taught me how not to interact with animals.  I do appreciate the opportunity to flow some rage that needed to move, and to come awake into my full power.  Now I can stand in the milk house and peacefully, silently observe his pathetic display of male fear in the face of a Cow, a Goddess he knows he will never choose to appreciate.  

    Steady.  That's what the cows are.  They show me how to be a steady Goddess.  No lowly creature offering cheap words can disturb the beauty and peace that resides here.  It will be beautiful to one day work with a family of humans that honestly see the spectacular generosity and graceful power of these cows that share my home.  


No comments:

Post a Comment